Look out - this is crazy one! It will literally color your skin blue...for a few minutes. Not to worry because it fades quickly. But it's so worth it. This oil is also called the Moroccan Tansy. It smells fruity and mellow. It's calming and uplifting. You will find Blue Tansy in other doTERRA products including doTERRA Balance®, Deep Blue® and the Anti-Aging Eye Cream.
The Where From
This pretty yellow flower comes from northern Morocco. During the distillation process a chemical called chamazulene is created and that is what makes it's color indigo blue.
The What For and How To
You can only use Blue Tansy topically and aromatically. Do not take it internally! Its goal is to sooth your skin, reduce the appearance of blemishes and uplift your mood.
- Add a drop to one or two ounces of your favorite facial moisturizer or cleanser to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or soothe skin irritation.
- Diffuse one to two drops to uplift your mood.
- Make your own soap and add it for color and help sooth your skin.
- Massage sore muscles with a drop of Blue Tansy, Lavender and Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Fill a bathtub, add six drops of oil, a tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil, one cup Epsom salt and give yourself a soak.
The oil of inspired action. Blue Tansy invites people to manifest their passion and create action. I'm all over that! Use this when you want to retreat or self-sabotage. Using Blue Tansy will allow more inward mobility.
Blue Tansy essential oil blends well with Geranium, Clary Sage, Petitgrain, Lavender, Juniper Berry, Spearmint, and Ylang Ylang.